Project Assistant -field monitor (Pending on fund approval) Job in Mafraq, Jordan at ACTED
Under the supervision of the Project Manager/Project Officer – school feeding is responsible for ensuring timely and high-quality project implementation through regular presence in the field, data collection for the monitoring of the school feeding program as well as for facilitation of Focus group discussions, Information dissemination events and any relevant ad-hoc activities as per request. Project officer is responsible for supervision of Incentive based volunteers and Project assistants. Project officer must adhere to all relevant WFP, ACTED and camp SOPs and regulations.
ACTED aims to contribute to the improved nutritional status of school children, whilst providing employment opportunities to the camp residents through Incentive based volunteering.
ACTED will distribute date bars to schools in Za’atari and Azraq camps with support of camp IBVs, while raising awareness of the target school teachers/MoE focals and parents on nutrition, hygiene, waste management and other relevant subject through Information Dissemination sessions (IDEs), focus group discussions and Capacity building activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Cash Transfer and Capacity Building Project Manager, the Project assistant – Field monitor will be required to conduct the following tasks:
- Collection of attendance sheets from schools contracted by WFP;
- On site monitoring of date bar distribution;
- Request stock from Storages and plan daily distribution process.
- Process returns and manage storage inventory.
- Focus Groups Discussions facilitation;
- Making sure that Gender Balance principles, PwSN procedures are in effect for inclusion.
- Oversee and manage Camp volunteers on conducting activities in line with guidelines and procedures;
- Contributing to daily, weekly and monthly report development;
- Minimum high school diploma
- 1 year experience working with international NGOs
- Knowledge and experience working in camp setting in Jordan
- Desirable experience in: data collection, community mobilisation, Food item distribution
- Positive attitude and excellent understanding of engagement of vulnerable populations in camp setting.
Ability to ensure appropriate implementation of relevant camp SOPs and regulations;
- Job Location
- Mafraq, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Community Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 1 Max: 3
- Certification / diploma
Company Location: Mafraq, Jordan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization