Rudder & Propeller Fitter Job at Drydocks World
• Repair all the mechanical parts of Rudder & Propeller, including propeller blades.
• Conduct necessary balancing to Rudder & Propeller.
• Conduct polishing to propellers.
• Carryout bedding to rudder & propeller and gouging.
• Operate Cherry Pickers as required in order to support all mechanical operations.
• Service Blohm and Voss seal
• Maintain good working relationship with workers, appointed foreman, supervisors and management.
• Perform duties of a Foreman as required / appointed for individual projects.
• Attend any training for any activity required by the department.
• Ensure materials are of required standard prior to use, reporting damages when required.
• Work within allocated timescale to meet department targets.
• Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas.
• Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work.
• Secondary school
• I.T.I., Industrial/vocational training
• 2-3 years of experience
• Read and understand technical drawings.
• Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines.
• Select and use appropriate measuring / testing devices.
Company: Drydocks World
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
About Drydocks World
Drydocks World is one of the most prominent names in the maritime industry. Over the past 29 years, Drydocks World has established itself as a leading, and fast growing international player in Offshore and Engineering, Ship Repair and Maintenance, Shipbuilding and Conversion, Rig building and re-furbishment, FPSO/FSO conversion, offshore fabrication, Maritime Clusters and Yacht and Fleet operations with facilities in the Middle East and Southeast Asia through its joint venture DDW-PaxOcean Asia Pte.Ltd.