Senior Creative Specialist Job at
The Senior Creative Specialist is responsible for bringing design solutions to life that adhere to marketing strategies and/or business goals.
The SCS must be comfortable developing creative and graphic solutions from a holistic perspective and design both print and digital creative solutions that satisfy the business marketing needs. And should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, from retail POP and events’ branding to digital assets for both our digital platforms to Social Media.
This position is part of the marketing team and supports both the retail/distribution marketing team and also the digital & Social Media team; thus, the SCS should possess in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques
Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes our brand by delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines.
This role requires a creative design thinker with the ability to deliver visually and editorially compelling assets for a high-level audience both internal and external to the business. We are looking for someone who can bring the following to the environment they work in:
• Creativity: ability to create original work, adaptable to multi-platforms and multi-channels
• Flexibility: willingness to balance both long-term assignments and expedited requests.
• Strategic thinking: design persuasively, based on the team’s brief and considering the company’s brands guidelines, positioning and goals.
• Social Perceptiveness: have their finger on the pulse, so the designs and content created are relevant across the target audiences.
• Developing concepts: from briefing to delivery, it will need to create a general concept presenting the idea with a rough layout that might include sketches or digital illustrations. Once the pitch is successful, it will need to bring the idea to life.
Creative & Design Projects
• Design branded store concepts
• Design in-store retail fixtures
• Brief in-house projects’ manager and support the fit out agencies
• Design store POP concepts as per brands’ guidelines
• Support Visual Merchandising team on the implementation of the initial concept and layout: fixtures, props, POPs, etc.
• Present creative proposals to the Ops and Retail teams to support the business, campaigns and promotions
Retail and Distribution
• Design and develop advertisements, collateral, merchandising and branding materials for all ABM brands
• Design appealing and eye-catching visual in-store POP displays
• Design and support the production of window displays, signs, interior displays and promotions displays.
• With retail and distribution teams, identify key messages and design creative solutions to promote them in-store
• Suppor VM team on store layouts and product presentation
• Liaise with vendors ensuring the maximization of production budgets and proper production and installation
• Create and design marketing materials, to support sales, promos, launches and all branding exercises to support all ABM brands and store concepts
• Design creative concepts for marketing activities such as events, kiosks, advertising, etc.
• Support digital marketing team with designs and format adaptations for ABM digital channels
• Design brand guidelines, when necessary or create supportive stationery for all ABM brands
• Strong oral and designing communication skills
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
• Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
• Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to held self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in all work-related duties.
• MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite proficiency.
• 5 years of experience in the field of retail or similar
• High-level communication skills, artistry and creativity
• Strong project management and organization skills, a keen eye for aesthetics, with meticulous attention to detail.
• Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
• Passion and enthusiasm for design, confidence in presentation skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
• Ability to self-direct and work independently while maintaining productive team relationships with colleagues
• Attention to detail composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines, often under pressure.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Footfall & Promotional activation engagement results
• Artwork approval rate and brand guidelines commitment
• Number of projects completed
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.