Senior Manager – Valuation, Modelling and Economics (Saudi National) Job at Ernst & Young
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Business Valuations Senior Manager, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Modelling and Economics network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions on values creation through each phase of a decision-making support process.
We are looking for an experienced Valuations and Modelling professional to join our high performing team as a Senior Manager. EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Modelling and Economics practice. We advise our clients in addressing their transaction and non-transaction related decision-making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation financial reporting, market valuation for transactional purpose etc.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager within Valuation Modelling and Economics (VME) advisory team, you are likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities. You will manage the project teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within VME and other departments in EY.
You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice. You will plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client. You will understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
You will also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback. As part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management, client services framework and recruitment.
Skills and attributes for success
– Strategic – you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth.
– Commercial – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings;
– Regulatory and Accounting -you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose.
To qualify for the role you must have
– As a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 8 years of related business valuation work experience
– In-depth understanding as well as expertise in various Valuation methodologies, market assessment, market sizing, feasibility and plans building, supply demand gaps analyses, financial analyses, capital allocation, portfolio optimization etc.
– Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch
– Broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination, impairment testing etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
– Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
– Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA
– Understanding of the Qatari (or broader GCC) market
– Excellent Business Development skills
– Arabic language skills (although not mandatory)
What we look for
Solution driven individual and “out-of-comfort” zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects. We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients, goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
– Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
– Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
– Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
– Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Company: Ernst & Young
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About Ernst & Young
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.